Also known as a spicy Ethiopian chicken stew. Probably the most famous African dish, and for good reason!
Warning: Last items in stock!
Videos that inspired us to make this CurryKit
By buying this product you can collect up to 3 loyalty points. Your cart will total 3 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of £ 0.60.
An Ethiopian red stew that uses the red chilli-spice mix called Berbere. There is a reason why Doro Wat is the national dish of Ethiopia and one of the most famous of all African dishes – it’s fabulous! With a rich onion base, it's best made a day ahead to allow the flavours to intensify like your standard stew back home.
What's in your WannaCurry?
- A curry spice pack with enough for 8 portions of your selected curry
- A recipe card with details of how to make your perfect curry
- Whole Spices to add that extra flavour at the beginning of cooking
- All presented in our rustic drawstring hessian bag
Spices used in this dish:
Chilli, Mustard, Cumin, Fenugreek, Nutmeg, Clove, Bay, Salt, Cinnamon, Paprika.
- 1 chicken
- 2KG onion
- 2 cloves of garlic or 15ml paste
- 1 stem of ginger or 15ml paste
- 2 tomato puree
- 6 eggs
This information and full instructions is included on our recipe cards. Garlic and Ginger pastes can be found on our Bits and Bobs page